Friday, May 7, 2010

Mission Statement


Welcome to my new mission.

I am a project manager in commercial glazing with a thirst for knowledge and adventure. I have recently found myself with some free time on account of the economy. To keep my brain active, I came up with an idea to visit as many of the great buildings of the world as possible and document this trip in a travel blog that I would like to call "An Architectural Pilgrimage".


I love maps and I am hoping to develop some GIS data of my observations for Google Earth. Linking the building coordinates to my GPS also means that I should always know where I am going.

I thought I would start the pilgrimage in Manhattan, as I haven't been there for many years. The selection of "must see" points is based on the book "1001 Buildings You Must See Before You Die". I plotted them and made this tour map.

You can download the 3D tour file here:
Must See Buildings - Google Earth Community

I will surely take in the surroundings throughout the journey. Getting there is half the fun!





Isole Borromee